➢ Preferred experience:
- At least TWO years’ experience as a qualified Official/regular helper at various events
and has attained at least a ‘D’ grade in any event.
- A general knowledge of the various event rules.
➢ Responsible for:
➢ Being at the club by 5pm on a Friday night.
- Allocating officials to specific areas at Centre competitions and to ensure that areas are
manned sufficiently throughout the competition time.
- Determining qualification/experience & allocating Chief Judges to specific events
- Ensuring Officials, Age Marshals and Parent helpers are at their allocated work area and
that they are carrying out their duties/responsibilities properly.
- Keeping a record of those parents who have assisted each week and displaying this
report each month to the members of the club via the noticeboard and website.
- Extracting and using a register of parents who are members of the Centre.
- Ensuring that a copy of the current rules from the Officials handbook plus any specific
Centre rules are made available to the Equipment Officer for inclusion in the folders at
each of the events.
- Organising parental assistance for all Association days and the completion of all
appropriate Association forms for officials and helpers.
- Maintaining a register of LAQ qualified Centre Officials and forward amendments
to the Association.
- Organising and conducting “Officials Instruction sessions” for Centre parents.
- Conducting and processing ‘D’ grade examinations for Centre parents.
- Advising parents during the season who are failing to meet their parent work
- Advising the Presentation Day Co-ordinator at the end of the season of those parents
who fail to meet their Parent Help obligations.
- Selecting the recipient of the Fran Nicol Award plus the recipients of Parent Certificates.